About the Summit
The climate is changing here in Nashville. Join the Nashville Youth Climate movement at our annual Nashville Youth Climate Summit or on social media to learn about the issues we face, and find out how you can be a part of building a future for Nashville that is safe, equitable, and sustainable.
2023 Youth Climate Summit
The 4th Annual Nashville Youth Climate Summit is back on March 4th, 2023! Join young people from across Nashville to learn, collaborate, and take action on climate change.
Youth Climate Action Projects Details
Are you eligible?
- Current Nashville high school student or student group.
- Project must take place in Nashville, TN (Davidson County)
- Preference is given to students or student groups in attendance at the Nashville Youth Climate Summit.
- Award money can only be used for supplies necessary to implement the project.
- Projects should happen between March 10th and May 31st 2023.
What types of projects can we do?
The Youth Climate Action Project is the chance to make your ideas a reality! We are interested in sponsoring projects that are new or in the idea phase, or projects that you have already started!
Here are some examples:
- Planting new trees in your community to reduce heat
- Planting a native landscape to help pollinators
- Creating an art piece that shows what climate means in your community
- Installing a hydroponic system at your school
- Purchasing a TerraCycle box to recycle items
- Creating educational materials for your school
- Starting a composting program in your classroom
- or something else!
What type of help will we get?
The Cumberland River Compact will provide one-on-one mentoring and technical assistance to implement your project. The afternoon of the Nashville Youth Climate Summit will be another opportunity to refine your project idea. You can attend our information session on February 6th at 5:30pm to learn more about the opportunity. We will also host virtual drop-in office hours on February 22nd from 5:30 to 6:30, March 1 from 7 to 8pm, March 7 from 7 to 8pm, and March 8 from 7 to 8pm. Once your project is funded, the Cumberland River Compact will be available for virtual and in-person assistance.
Why should I apply?
The Youth Climate Action Projects are an awesome way to make something happen for your school or community! Plus, Nashville SC has invited all Youth Climate Action Project participants to join them on the pitch at the April 22nd game. You will get recognition from over 30,000 fans for your great work!
How to Apply
- Register to attend the Nashville Youth Climate Summit on March 4th 2023.
- Register and attend a virtual information session (see dates and links above).
- Gather your friends, brainstorm your project, create a list of supplies you need, and get ready to make it a reality!
- Refine your project idea at the Nashville Youth Climate Summit on March 4th.
- Submit your project idea no later than March 9th, 2023.
Catch Up On Past Summits
Miss the summit? Not to worry! You can learn all about the events on our blogs. Or watch recorded sessions covering Climate Change 101, climate justice and racial justice, sustainable food systems, climate change communication, sustainable fashion, youth organizing, Nashville’s sustainability plans, and climate entrepreneurship, and more!