- This event has passed.
e-STEM for Tennessee’s Teachers Training Fort Donelson National Battlefield
June 2 @ 9:00 AM - 12:00 PMFree
Join the Cumberland River Compact for a 3-hour professional development session on place-based environment STE(A)M education! You will learn how to use the biodiverse ecosystems of Tennessee’s backyard as an inspiration for your classroom content.
What is e-STEM?
Environmental-STEM is a method of integrating environmental concepts and issues into valuable STEM experiences for your students.
- The Principles of e-STEM & place-based education and how it applies to your classroom.
- Local content and examples to support your science content in the K-8 classroom (i.e. Tennessee’s ecosystems, animal adaptations, impacts of erosion, food webs, etc).
- How to implement the Cumberland River Compact’s e-STEM for Tennessee’s Teachers curriculum in your classroom.
- Techniques to easily engage your students in science and engineering practices outside (and inside!) the classroom.
You’ll Walk Away With:
- Standards-aligned lessons for your K-8 classroom.
- Techniques for teaching outside.
- An increased confidence in teaching place-based environmental STEM education.
- Connection to a state-wide network of educators.
Questions? Contact Ellen.Messerly@cumberlandrivercompact.org