- This event has passed.
e-STEM for Tennessee’s Teachers (K-8 Training)
October 8, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
e-STEM for Tennessee’s Teachers
Environmental STEM education resources, lessons, and techniques for your K-8 classroom!
Priority spots saved for Davidson, Sumner, and Robertson County educators, but open to all.
Join the Cumberland River Compact for a 3-hour professional development session on place-based environment STE(A)M education! You will learn how to use the biodiverse ecosystems of Tennessee’s backyard as an inspiration for your classroom content.
What You’ll Learn:
- The Principles of e-STEM & place-based education and how it applies to your classroom.
- Local content and examples to support your science content in the K-8 classroom (i.e. Tennessee’s ecosystems, animal adaptations, impacts of erosion, food webs, etc).
- How to implement the Cumberland River Compact’s e-STEM for Tennessee’s Teachers curriculum in your classroom.
- Techniques to easily engage your students in science and engineering practices outside (and inside!) the classroom.
What You’ll Come Away With:
- Standards-aligned lessons for your K-8 classroom.
- Techniques for teaching outside.
- Increased confidence in teaching place-based environmental STEM education.
- Connection to a state-wide network of educators.
Hear from other educators who have participated in this training:
“By far the most informative class I’ve taken! I am very excited to use the resources you have shared in my lessons. I think it’s great that we have something local students will be able to connect with. Thank you so much!”
“The Cumberland River Compact lesson plans and education resources shared are going to be great for my 2nd graders. I learned new facts about the waterways and specifically about the Cumberland River ecosystem. Thank you!”
A certificate for 3-hours of Professional Development will be provided via email after the training. You must actively participate throughout the session to earn the full hours.