- This event has passed.
#BeerForTrash Challenge // Earth Month 2020
April 6 - May 31Free
We are so sad that we can’t all get together this year for our annual spring cleanups! But we can all still make a difference in our communities at a safe distance!
Fresh air, Vitamin D and exercise are still a must so when you are out for a walk, we challenge you to bring a trash bag and gloves and pick up a little trash along the way. This will keep that trash from entering our waterways when it rains.
Above all be safe, and follow our recommendations for having a safe cleanup below.
HOW TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE:
- Collect your trash
- Fill out our form – don’t forget to upload a photo of you and your trash!
- At the end of each week, we will pick a winner to receive a FREE growler from that week’s participating brewery! (Must respond within 24 hours)
Follow us on social media to see each week’s winners and what brewery we are featuring that week! (Instagram, Facebook)
We came up with this challenge as a way to keep our community connected, our waters clean, and our local businesses supported. We hope you will join us!
HAVE A SAFE CLEANUP:
- Stay up to date with safety recommendations provided by the CDC
- Only walk in permissible locations where you can keep a safe distance from others (State Parks and Natural Areas are closed)
- Bring a trash bag with you on your walk
- Wear gloves while handling any trash you find
- Maintain 6ft distance between yourself and others
- Use a cloth face covering, as recommended by the CDC, to protect yourself and others
- Dispose of trash at your residence or local drop-off site