The Collins River Watershed is approximately 789 square miles and has an estimated population of 57,000 people. Use the map below to find out if you live in the watershed or to simply explore! The area within the purple boundary is within the watershed.
Water Quality in the Collins River Watershed
There are 1,012 miles of streams and rivers in the Collins River Watershed. Within the watershed, the State of Tennessee reports that 177 miles are impaired. The most common impairments are bacteria, sedimentation, low pH, iron, and manganese impairments. The most common sources of impairment are pasture grazing and abandoned mines.
Looking for Adventure? The Collins Has You Covered!
Learn More about the Collins
- TDEC – Collins River Watershed Website
- TDEC – Water Pollution Control Interactive Map
- TDEC – 303d Reports on Impaired TN Waters
- EPA’s Surf Your Watershed Site: Collins Watershed
- Obtain NatureServe species data for this watershed (including rare and endangered species)