Where is Our Water?
Everywhere! We see water in oceans, rivers, lakes, wetlands, and clouds in the sky. It falls to earth as rain, snow, sleet, and hail. It is always moving from the atmosphere to land and back again. This is what we call the water cycle or hydrologic cycle. It is nature’s largest recycling project.
This section includes the Water Cycle lesson plan. In this lesson, students will:
- Identify the three phases of water
- Identify the parts of the water cycle
- Understand that the sun provides energy to power the water cycle
- Understand how physical states of water (solid, liquid, gas) are related to the water cycle
- Understand the distribution of water on earth
Back to Life Support Curriculum