Have a passion for water? Come work with us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination, inclusion, and equal opportunity and actively seek a diverse pool of candidates in this search.
Education and Outreach Associate
The Education and Outreach Associate will report to the Education and Outreach Manager and is
responsible for coordinating and delivering high-quality youth education programs to schools and
community groups. We are seeking a qualified candidate with interest and experience in
delivering environmental education programs and developing new programs focused on
fostering a connection with nature. The Education and Outreach Associate is expected to spend
approximately 60% of their time directly engaging with students and teachers at schools and
The Cumberland River Compact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We are
committed to a policy of nondiscrimination, inclusion, and equal opportunity and actively seek a
diverse pool of candidates in this search.
- Coordinate and deliver high-quality environmental education programs for classrooms,
afterschool group, and community groups in-person and virtually.
- Conduct outreach and marketing for school programs including connecting with local
school districts. Serve as the main point of contact for all school program inquiries
including contract processing, invoicing, and communication.
- Maintain organization and inventory of program supplies and submit material orders when
- Develop and update curriculum for K-12 school programs in accordance with the
Cumberland River Compact model.
- Support community education outreach and events including River Talks, the City Nature
Challenge, neighborhood/HOA outreach, and business engagement.
- Develop educational materials including flyers, activities, and formal signage.
- Assist with Family Engagement programs like the annual Waterfest – a youth education
- Support other Education and Outreach activities as assigned by the Education and
- Bachelor degree in education, environmental science, biology, natural resources, or
- 1 to 2 years of experience in education program delivery, coordination, and development.
Environmental Science knowledge and a willingness to learn new topics.
- Enthusiasm for working with children and teachers.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Virtual platforms (Zoom)
- Ability to lift 30lbs or more and stand on feet for prolonged time.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to travel within Middle Tennessee.
- Meet the requirements of our background screening process
- Proficiency in an additional language (Spanish or Arabic preferred).
- Experience with teacher professional development and curriculum writing.
- Graphic Design skills (Adobe or Canva)
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please do not call regarding this position.
Benefits: This position is part-time (30 hours per week), hourly compensation with the potential of
full-time as funding develops.
Application Deadline: 6/30/22
Working Hours: Must be available Monday to Friday from 7:30am to 6:00pm for programming
delivery. Schedule will vary week to week and appropriate flexibility will be provided.
Desired Start Date: 7/5/2022