Who doesn’t love a day dedicated to love! No matter your relationship status — we can all love on the planet a little more this year and find environmentally friendly ways to show those closest to us that we care.
How does Valentine’s Day impact the environment?
Ideas for an Eco-Friendly Valentine’s Day
Things to do
- Walk the gardens at Cheekwood. Cheekwood is such a beautiful setting and always has something new to offer. Stroll the gardens, tour exhibits in the mansion, and stop at the cafe!
- Watch the sunset at Lover’s Circle. Grab some blankets and a picnic basket and watch the sunset on Lover’s Circle – a hidden gem!
- Starwatch – Planetarium at the Adventure Science Center. February can still be chilly! Cozy up under the stars at the Adventure Science Center!
- Go to the Nashville Zoo. Step into the wild and support the Nashville Zoo! Make sure to give yourself a couple of hours to get around to everything!
- Bike or walk the greenway. We are so lucky to have so many amazing greenway trails! Check out Cumberland River Compact’s Recreation Map to find a trail.
- Feed the ducks at Centennial Park. Grab some cracked corn first!
- Enjoy some art at the Frist Museum. There’s always something new to see at the Frist Museum!
- Take a mural tour. Nashville has so many great murals to offer! Take the tour on your own or book with Nashville Mural Tours.
- Hit the road – explore somewhere new. Grab a map and take a scenic drive to a new town! Make a playlist, pack some snacks, and hit the road – there’s something so romantic about a road trip to a little town you’ve never been to before.
- Take a hike. Use our recreation map to find a new hike! Tag @crcompact in your photos for the chance to be reposted!
- Make your own nature walk. Take your sweetheart to your favorite park or trail and spend time identifying plants and animals you see with the iNaturalist app.
- Antiquing/Thrifting. You never know what you’ll find on an antique hunt!
- Let your cares FLOAT away at FLOAT Nashville. Discover the relaxation and health benefits of floating in saltwater. Solo or with your partner, you deserve some R + R.
- Make dinner with ingredients from the Nashville Farmer’s Market. Support local, healthy food and farms by getting ingredients from the Nashville Farmer’s Market or your local farmers market and cook dinner with your loved one.
- Get Crafty. Head over to Turnip Green Creative Reuse to get some craft supplies and spend time creating together!
- Visit the Gentle Barn in Tennessee. Come hug the cows, give the pigs tummy rubs, spend time with the turkeys, and enjoy a beautiful day at the Gentle Barn!
Need a ride? Ride in style in 100% electric Teslas using Earth Rides, now live in Nashville!
- Ditch the cards and go with a tree-friendly alternative. Try an Ecard option that lets you include a video message!
- Locally sourced flowers
- Local chocolate and sweets
- A houseplant
- Make a donation in someone’s name or start a Facebook fundraiser for a cause your loved one loves!
- CSA membership
- Self-care package
- A gift certificate to a local business
- Photo album
- A new book (we love Nature’s Best Hope)
- TN Parks membership
- Sign someone up for a class or webinar to learn more about a skill or hobby they love
- Local wines or brews
- Something reusable to replace something disposable
- Plant a tree in someone’s name and count it towards Root Nashville’s goal of 500,000 trees by 2050
Tell us your favorites and tag us on Instagram @crcompact in your Valentine adventures!