The Lower Cumberland River Watershed is approximately 2,338 square miles and has an estimated population of 155,000 people. It is also known as the Lake Barkley Watershed. Use the map below to find out if you live in the watershed or to simply explore! The area within the purple boundary is within the watershed.
Water Quality in the Lower Cumberland River Watershed
Learn more about water quality in the Lower Cumberland River Watershed and what you can do to improve it using iCreek.
Learn More about the Lower Cumberland Watershed
- TDEC – Lower Cumberland River Watershed Website
- TDEC – Water Pollution Control Interactive Map
- TDEC – 303d Reports on Impaired TN Waters
- KDOW – 303d Report on Impaired KY Waters
- EPA’s Surf Your Watershed Webpage: Lower Cumberland
- Obtain NatureServe species data for this watershed (including rare and endangered species)
- Obtain rare species within the TN portion of this watershed.
.Page produced in collaboration with
The Nature Conservancy of Tennessee