Purchase Or Build Rain Barrels
Purchase a Cumberland River Compact rain barrel for only $40! Our rain barrels are 55-gallon barrels with overflow valve and spigot. Please direct all rain barrel questions to alec.norman@CumberlandRiverCompact.org
Click the button below to purchase your barrel.*
*You will be contacted within 1-3 business days with the instructions to pick up your barrel.
What is a rain barrel?
A rain barrel is a system that collects and stores rainwater from the rooftop that would otherwise be lost to runoff and be diverted to our neighborhood streams and storm drains. You may be surprised by the amount of water you can harvest: one inch of rain on 1,000 square feet of rooftop creates over 600 gallons of water!
Harvesting your own rainwater provide benefits for the environment and you. Rain barrels:
- Reduce the amount of runoff that reaches our streams
- Provide plants the water they like
- Save energy and money used when water is processed to drinking quality standards
- Save you money on your water bills
- Provide water during drought periods