Purchase Or Build Rain Barrels
What is a rain barrel?
A rain barrel is a system that collects and stores rainwater from the rooftop that would otherwise be lost to runoff and be diverted to our neighborhood streams and storm drains. You may be surprised by the amount of water you can harvest: one inch of rain on 1,000 square feet of rooftop creates over 600 gallons of water!
Harvesting your own rainwater provide benefits for the environment and you. Rain barrels:
- Reduce the amount of runoff that reaches our streams
- Provide plants the water they like
- Save energy and money used when water is processed to drinking quality standards
- Save you money on your water bills
- Provide water during drought periods