Make a Difference
Why Support the Cumberland River Compact?
Donations are a vital part of the Compact’s success! Clean and abundant water are a finite resource that provides so much for us, including drinking water, agricultural irrigation, recreation, and manufacturing, to name a few. Chances are you can’t name one endeavor that doesn’t use water in the process.
We believe the Cumberland River Basin must be both environmentally healthy and the heartbeat of a strong local economy in Tennessee and Kentucky. We work cooperatively with local, state and federal agencies, farmers, technical professionals, local officials, neighborhood groups and watershed stakeholders to ensure clean and abundant water sources that support, life, recreation and economic well-being throughout the Basin.
Your gifts have been leveraged to produce extraordinary results. The Compact:
- Installed over 220 rain gardens and planted more than 6,000 trees throughout Davidson County to help capture pollutants and slow water before it hits our local streams and stormwater system.
- Launched Two Annual Green Homes Tours of Middle Tennessee in partnership with USGBC, focusing on green building techniques that reduce the impact on our watershed.
- Educated thousands of people on flood management, sustainable farming, and other water-wise issues with our partners.
- Celebrated the Cumberland River with more than 900 paddlers at the 6th annual Nashville Dragon Boat Races and River Festival, helping raise awareness of water issues in our region.
- Assists 12 organizations, of which seven organized under our program directive within our region, and we work with another 10 throughout Tennessee.
- Led twelve municipalities through USEPA’s Water Quality Scorecard to offer policy options for protecting and improve water quality across different scales of land use and across multiple municipal departments.
- Promoted water conservation through educational Public Service Announcements and distributed more than 2,000 rain barrels since 2007.