One River. Two Lifelines
We believe the Cumberland River Basin must be both environmentally healthy and the heartbeat of a strong local economy in Tennessee and Kentucky. Since 1997, we have worked cooperatively with local, state and federal agencies, farmers, technical professionals, local officials, neighborhood groups and watershed stakeholders to ensure clean and abundant water sources that support, life, recreation and economic well-being throughout the Basin.
Since our inception we have:
- Raised the overall understanding of water resource concerns to Basin communities and their leaders
- Assisted policymakers on water resource and land use policies across the region
- Restored streambanks throughout the Basin
- Reduced chemical use in farming operations
- Provided leadership in demonstrating low impact development and green building practices
- Empowered twelve local river groups throughout the Basin
Join us today – take a training workshop, help with a stream clean up, plant a rain garden, build green, buy local organic food, take a photo, or paddle down a stream with us – all for the LOVE OF WATER!